SHR Hair Removal
SHR™ simply stands for ‘Super Hair Removal‘. Dubbing something as ‘Super’ might sound arrogant and pompous. Even so, when you realize what this innovation did for the treatment calling it ‘SHR’ is an understatement. The main concept behind is that the energy delivered to the target area is accumulative. It involves heating up the skin in the entire treated area to a point the hair follicles are destroyed. This process is done by using an “in-motion” technique, where the practitioner uses gliding motions with the laser applicator over the patients’ skin.
So rather than lasing each hair follicle individually with a high powered beam which is painful, SHR uses lower energy with high repetition to achieve maximum results with virtually no pain at all. Moreover, the “in-motion” technique ensures better and more uniform coverage and minimizes the risk of burns.
SHR Frequently Asked Questions
How to prepare for treatment
- Do not use Retin-A or other exfoliating creams 24 to 72 hours (1 to 3 days) prior to your treatment
- Avoid sun tanning or sun beds for at least a week before treatment
- You must NOT have recently had laser surgery or used Accutane
- Candidates who have had a recent chemical peel or other skin procedure, such as collagen injections, should wait two to three weeks before undergoing SHR Laser Therapy
- Avoid Waxing 7 days prior treatment